Confused Officer

7:54 PM Unknown 1 Comments

Last time, I posted something about my first school day. There are other who asked me why is it that just when the academic school year is over, I'm just about to start mine. To answer that, I'll just remind you that I live in the Philippines, which is a tropical country by the way. Our summer season starts from March and end in May which means our vacation falls in these months. By June, our academic school year starts. I know in other places, this is the start of your summer. On the first week of March, we take our finals exams then our summer vacation begins.

Enough about those months and I'll start talking about the title. Last school year, I was also an officer of a student organization as a secretary. Honestly, I don't have any background about it at all though it was easy to learn about it; Minutes of the Meeting and such. Though I manage to pass all the Minutes of the Meeting, I admit my performance was pretty bad. I wasn't able to propose a project to our org. In my defense, I really tried to do it. I work on those requirements, yet it wasn't because of my deadline.

At the end of our school year, the vice president and I managed to pass a single project. It was our only project for the whole school year. Both of us decided to give the credit to the president of our org since we thought that it would be embarrassing for the president and because of the small problem that happened between the three of us.

After those, I told myself that I wouldn't be an org officer again.

Then my friend text me when I was spending my summer vacation away. She told me that they're desperate to have an officer for their org. Their org consists of 9 officers and they only have 3. She pleaded saying that their org isn't an org, theirs is a 'part of the body' , 'vanguard of the truth' , and such. She said that I don't have to work on a project proposal since they would only have 2-3 projects for the whole year which is fixed. They are the commission on election.

Thinking that it would be much easier than my previous org, I said yes much to my friend's relief. She said that I could be a secretary again or a legal officer, so I didn't mind since I knew what should I do. Then when the school year is about to start, she told me that I'm the finance officer of the group. I am surprised. and scared.

I don't like to handle lots of money especially if it isn't mine. I couldn't refuse. Anyway, she said that I shouldn't worry since I've got a template where I could just edit it. So I started to work on it right away, thinking that I wouldn't want a pile of work and crammed.

Then yesterday, the president (which is the said friend) told me that she's been waiting too long for the budget proposal. Of course to my surprise, I wasn't able to say anything. I've finished it long before the school starts, it wasn't my fault that the cover letter isn't ready yet. That's not my job.

Thankfully, the previous president told her that it should be her or the secretary that should do the cover letter not me. Whew! I'm still worrying about the reimbursement of our money since we paid for some materials we used. Hopefully, I would manage to do my job efficiently for this school year.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Help me follow my dream. Please check out my blog www.dashofpositivity.blogspot.com . Leave me your comment and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete