First Day of School

11:03 PM Unknown 1 Comments

Yesterday was the first day of our school. I'm not really expecting something since I'm on the same block as I was in last term. Same old, same old. I'm not expecting classes either because mostly, our professors don't attend our class first day but I'm quite surprised that most did.

Our class starts at 11:30am and ends at 9pm. It's new to me since most of my classes for the past few years starts in the morning and ends in the afternoon. I'm not complaining but I don't know if I should be happy or not either. By the time I was home last night, my head is throbbing. My dad told me that maybe I'm not used to it yet.

Thing is, the reason why I'm not that happy with my schedule is because our house is 1 hours away from my school if the traffic isn't bad at all. Though during rush hours, it takes 1 1/2 hours to go home r to my school. I don't live in dormitories, my mom doesn't want me to, saying there are lots and lots of temptation when I live in dormitories.

"It's not you whom I don't trust but it's people around you that I don't." -my mom said when I asked her.

Besides, going home everyday is far cheaper than renting a room or a unit. We're on a limited budget anyway and I can't ask for more since my tuition fees are too high. It's dangerous for a girl to travel at night especially in our city so my Dad would get me from a terminal so I wouldn't have to use public transportation that much.

Nonetheless, traveling 3 hours a day takes too much time especially when I really need those to do some plates and it's too tiring. No matter how much I want to live closer to school, I would still want to go home everyday since I don't get too comfortable with other places and I would definitely miss my mom's cooking and her caring.

1 comment:

  1. Oh .. It seems that you're having a tough daily life. It is really annoying that you'd lose 3 hours doing nothing everyday. However, you have to endure this in order to achieve your goal .. This is life, you have to sacrifice something in order to get the other.
    By the way, since you're not the driver, I think you can make a use of this time by reading a book, making plans or whatever, can't you?
    Anyway, I wonder how come that you just started school?! I thought this is the time when summer vacation starts!

    Good luck with your school

    ReplyDelete