Being The Bad Guy

5:49 PM Unknown 2 Comments


"I don’t mind being the bad guy, because somebody has to fill that role to get things done...You gonna be bad, be bad with a purpose. Otherwise, you’re not just worth forgiving."
-Damon Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries.


As I said from my post "Confused Officer", I was the secretary of organization which means that for this school year, I'm going to be a part of the Advisory board of the said org. Normally, I don't really give too much care about the thing they do in the org. I receive an update from a previous co-officer of mine about what's happening every once in a while which is more than enough for me. This is what also happens to my other co-officers and some doesn't even know what's happening.



A few weeks ago, our college held an org bazaar for a week to let the students join different organizations for this school year. It's the only time where an org is allowed to accept members. After the first day of our org bazaar, my previous co-officer told me that they've only managed to sway around 10 members. I know it's only the first day but then, compared to what happened in our term, we got around 30-50 members in our first day. So I asked why and she told me that no one's keeping an eye on their booth most of the time. If there is, he/she's alone which makes it too hard to approach a flock of students.



Long story short, I got into a fight between the present officers. I admit it was my fault. I sent a text message saying that they shouldn't have accepted the role of being an officer if they couldn't find the time for the org. Of course, they got offended by what I said but I regret nothing. Someone has to beat some sense at them even if it makes me the bad person. It's for the sake of the org anyway.

But it doesn't mean that I like to fight with people, it doesn't feel good knowing that there are some people whose mad at you. I'm not the type of person who feels a sense of satisfaction after an argument. Until now, I still feel bad about it.

2 comments:

  1. its better to say the truth and appear bad in front of others, than say nothing, pretend you saw nothing, even if WRONG is staring you at the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you did is right. It's okay to tell them what you think is wrong. I know how it feels but you should't feel bad about it. They need to realize something :)

    www.carlanazario.com

    ReplyDelete