Enjoying My Interior Design Subject

7:33 PM Unknown 1 Comments

One of our subjects for this semester is Interior Design and I am pretty excited about it. We get to design the interior of the building which completes (for me) the experience of designing a structure. You get to infuse more of your design concept with it and much more.

Problem is, it's not our ONLY subject for this semester. I have about 9 subjects in total and each subject requires us to give them our time and efforts to produce what they wants us to produce within a short time period. Every time I get home from school, I feel tired, exhausted and all I want to do is sleep but then, I'll remember that we have some plates to pass for the next day. So yeah... 'goodbye sleep!'

As much as I want to enjoy the said subject, the need to take care of myself and the need to do other things that require more efforts and time makes me think that I should just do it as fast as I can and get on with it.

Last week, we were told to design a condo unit and submit our manually drawn plates within three days and because we have a lot of things to do in other subjects, our three days became 3 hours.


I'm not a fan of working manually. It takes a lot of time and effort compared to computer aided drawings. So I decided to use Google Sketch Up and Lumion. In just 30 minutes, I have my own interior design for this condo unit and all I have to do is print and trace it. It was fast and easy, and I enjoyed designing it as well.



As you can see, I forgot to put the ceiling. Sorry! I didn't have too much time to find some wallpaper and some pictures to hang from the wall. Some day if I would be able to design my own place, it would almost look like this. It looks masculine, I know, but that's just how I like it. I'm not much fan of pastel colors. It's too much girly for me. The folding door should be a one a way mirror towards the living and kitchen area so if I want to make it look like more spacious, all I have to do is push aside the folding door.

That's it. It's impossibly small for my taste but that's the challenge. How would you design yours?

P.S. I'm really thankful that I could still find some time to write new posts. I'm actually in awe right now.

1 comment: